Whilst looking through a box of bits and pieces of paper, card, scraps and experiments I found three cloth-covered book covers that I made for a project about six months ago. I had not measured accurately and had made this a little too small for the books they were made for, so I put them aside and made new ones. I had forgotten about these!
So more book blocks were made, this time to fit the covers, and now three new books exist!
This is one of a set of two that belong together. The cover was printed in white using a mix of wood and metal blocks from my collection and the endpapers are recycled from an old school crafts magazine:
The second book used the same technique on the cover but uses part of a poster of the planets for the endpapers:
The print on the covers is quite light as the cloth was already on the boards – I have printed on the cloth first and got a more solid finish – but I like the texture of the material here:
The past and present books were made as gifts for a colleague on retirement, and she was very pleased with them!
The third book I decided to make for me as I was about to finish up my current one and fancied something a little larger.
The endpapers are some antique music sheets I picked up from a charity shop last year.
Most pages have pencilled notations which were left in.
This is already half full! I guess I’ll make some new ones then.