The final stretch (for one set of covers at least) as the covers and book block come together. The hairy twine needed a long twist of sticky tape on the ends in order to thread through the holes, where it was removed and the two loose ends threaded back on each side between the boards and book:
Using a hand clamp to keep the book squared up, I tied the twine in a simple double knot.
I did a little retouching on the inside of the boards where they had got scuffed.
And covered them with a square of oxblood vinyl (another gem from my oddments box) using PVA and a light pressure.
Which finished off the innards.
I frayed the hairy twine to add the finishing touch:
I have just figured out what I’m going to do with the second book, but I’ll leave that for another time…